28 Apr How To Use A Crystal Pendulum
If you are looking for a way to gain insight and wisdom then a crystal pendulum might be just what you need.
Pendulums have been around for thousands of years, dating as far back to the early
A pendulum acts as a receiver and a transmitter. By asking questions, you can tap into your higher consciousness and use the movement of the pendulum to provide answers.
1. The Selection Process
When selecting your pendulum, take your time to choose one that stands out and resonates with you. Popular crystal pendulums include clear quartz, rose quartz, and amethyst.
As with all crystals, you’ll need to cleanse your crystal before you use it. This is important as it restores the crystal back to its original state and removes it of any stagnant or negative energies. If you are unsure how to cleanse crystals, you can download my free ebook here.
2. Programming Your Pendulum
Before you can begin using your pendulum, you’ll need to program it.
- Find a quiet space and clear your mind.
- Sit straight with your feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Take the top of the chain (there is often a small ball attached for you to hold), and hold it between your thumb and forefinger. This is usually performed with your dominant hand.
- Relax, hold your forearm steady, and make sure that the pendulum is still before you start. When you start programming the pendulum it will move in a particular direction.
- Now you’ll want to show your pendulum what responses you want to use. For example; “when answering yes to a question, circle in a clockwise direction”, and move the pendulum in a clockwise circle. You’ll then need to program a different signal to the pendulum for ‘no’ and ‘maybe’.
- Easy signals to remember are:
Vertical (back and forth)
Sideways (left and right)
Ask your pendulum a yes or no question that you know is not true.
For example; “My name is Mark.” Make sure of course that your name isn’t Mark!
If the pendulum answers ‘no’ then it’s programmed. If it doesn’t, try the process again.
You only need to program your pendulum
3. How To Use Your Pendulum
Now that you’ve programmed your pendulum, you’re ready to use it. Remember that pendulums provide answers to questions that require a yes, no, or maybe response. Make sure you don’t ask the pendulum any open-ended questions.
To get started, always set your intention. To do this, you may say something along the lines of “It is my intention to seek truthful answers which are aligned with the highest and greatest good for all concerned.”
You can say this out loud or to yourself, whichever you feel most comfortable with.
Always clear your mind and relax before asking your question. Try to be as specific as possible, and ask a question that will give you a direct response. An example might be “should I leave my job?” or “should I go to dinner with ________ tomorrow night?”
Be patient when waiting for a response. It can take time for your pendulum to response.
Once you’ve finished with your pendulum, hold it in your non-dominant hand and say “thank you for your guidance.”
4. Record Your Responses
When you’re first starting out, it’s always helpful to keep a diary of your responses. That way you can look back upon the answers from your pendulum 🙂